Mother’s Day is all about honoring our mothers, therefore we want to pick a card design that will appeal to her artistic taste.
Some popular Mother’s Day card themes include –
- Photo Cards.
- Guardian Angels.
- Hearts and Love.
- Cartoons, including teddy bears, balloons, and other fun objects.
Here is a tutorial on how to make your own Mother’s Day card.
Mother’s Day Card Idea 1 – Flowers
Flower cards are my favorite for Mother’s Day.
Flowers are colorful, beautiful, and rich in symbolism. They remind us of nature, spring, sunshine, and new life. As such they make a very compelling theme for mothers everywhere.
Below, I have chosen 5 types of flowers to feature in my Mother’s Day cards-
- Gazania – Gazanias are flowering plants native to Southern Africa. As a result, they are tough, strong, and able to handle adversity. However, despite their toughness, they are full to beauty and color – just like a mother!
- Hibiscus – The Hibiscus is a wonderful flower with large, colorful petals. Nevertheless, this flower is not just a pretty face. It is also used to make paper, tea, food, and more.
- Roses – Roses have long been used to signify love and beauty. They capture the beauty of a mother’s heart, and are a great way to say “I love you mom!”.
- Pansies – Pansies symbolize thought and emotion. When we include pansies in our card, we tell our mothers that they are always in our thoughts.
- Asian Lilies – Asian or Oriental Lilies have large petals and bright colors which make them stand out. Their more unusual and exotic look make our cards unique and novel. These beauties are sure to catch the eye!
Click on the text link on any of the images above to get a full-sized image measuring 1000 pixels by 1400 pixels.
Mother’s Day Card Idea 2 – Photo Cards
What often makes a mother most happy is to spend time with, and share in the life of her children and grandchildren. With a photo card, we get to show our appreciation to our mothers, and also share favorite pictures that she will surely enjoy.
I have made three complete Mother’s Day photo cards below-
- The first card features a cute baby, on a patterned blue background. The cover text reads, “Thank You Mom!”.
- The second card features a teddy bear and a love shaped picture frame. Its message is simple – “I Love You Mom!”.
- The third card is decorated with a single red rose over a square metallic frame. Its simply says, “Happy Mother’s Day”.
Click on any of the thumbnails to get a full sized PNG version of the card. Feel free to use any of these images in your personal Mother’s Day card.
Mother’s Day Card Idea 3 – Angels
Our mothers are our guardian angels. They protect us, care for us, and love us, no matter what.
Who ran to help me when I fell,
And would some pretty story tell,
Or kiss the place to make it well?
~~ [Ann Taylor]
The cards below feature two different angels –
- One more delicate angel with water wings, and
- Another more vibrant angel with colorful wings.
Click on the text link on any of the images above to get a full-sized card image measuring 1000 pixels by 1400 pixels.
Mother’s Day Card Idea 4 – Love
Most of us love our mothers, but we may not tell her so often enough. Mother’s Day is a great time to let our mothers know that we appreciate her, and love her very much.
The cards below range from more simple embossed heart patterns, to richer themes about love. Click on the text link below each image to get a full sized version of the card.
Mother’s Day Card Idea 5 – Cartoons
I love cartoons. They express fun, whimsy, humor, and fit in well with the celebratory nature of Mother’s Day. Cartoon cards always make me smile, and reminds me not to take life too seriously.