In this contest, I want to feature and thank the very talented people who create wonderful 3d-content for us ~ the 3d-art vendors. I have great respect and admiration for their talent, work ethic, and general awesomeness!
Featured Vendors for March 2020
For those interested, here are the past winners.
If you want announcements of site events and winners, follow us on Facebook.
March Madness has started at Daz and so far, it is A-W-E-S-O-M-E !!
My favorite MM item so far has got to be the RY Alison Bundle. Raiya’s new Alison character looks superb, and of course OOT hairs are always excellent. In addition, the bundle also qualifies as a key MM item, so this went straight into my cart.
What I love most about this MM season though, are the discount codes that stack with existing offers. This allowed me to get many items in Fast Grab, as well as the Related Mad and Mad Artist Stores, at anywhere from 70-80% plus discounts. Here are a few that I am most excited about –
- dForce Classic Fur Cape and Textures Bundle – The fur looks great in the promos and there are also many different options. Can’t wait to try it out on a Red Sonja render!
- Props & Poses Converter from Genesis 3 Female to Genesis 8 Female – Currently, I readjust g3f props manually when I need to use them for g8f, which makes me less likely to use them. This utility could change all that!
- XTransfer – Genesis 3 to Genesis 8 Converter – I have been using Redz’s method to manually transfer my favorite g3f morphs. Given the usual high quality of Zev products, I am very excited to try this one out. The promos are certainly very impressive.
- Mesh Grabber – Simple mesh editing from within Daz Studio. Very useful for those times where everything is perfect except for some small clothing, hair, or terrain collisions that are impossible to fix with the usual dials.
- Gayll Bundle for Genesis 8 Female(s) – I especially like the hair and leather jacket in this set. The character is also quite unique, so would be interesting to mix her with other morphs.
Before the start of March Madness though, there were also some great products worth mentioning. I particularly want to highlight Mystique by Herschel Hoffmeyer and Rarestone’s All Sweet Fashion Poses III. Mystique is a sexy bustier lingerie set with amazing details and realism. If you like doing pin-ups, definitely check it out. As for Rarestone, their stuff is always top notch. These set of poses look great! I also like that the different arm, hand, and leg poses are separated out, thus enabling easy combinations within the set and with other sets.
Finally, there was also a crazy good Daz Original sale in February. Picked up a bunch of great Mousso characters, as well as Miss-Quito for Genesis 8 Female(s) and some great outfits and accessories by chungdan.
As with previous March Madness contests, there will not be any featured vendors this month. Instead, qualifying items will come from the entire MM catalog. In particular, images this month must contain at least one NEW item released during the Daz 2020 March Madness Sale. Free items will also qualify! 🙂
Sisi for Genesis 8 Female and anything released after that, in the list above, will work!
Images with the newly released Leroy 8, Nida 8, and the Mystique outfit will also qualify.
Please tag all your contest images with shiba-3-20.
**I put some example entries in the contest gallery. These examples show what to put in the description and tag fields of contest images. Of course, I can’t enter or win prizes in this contest. 😀
If you have ideas on how to improve the contest or other fun contests you would like to see, please let us know in the comments section below. If there are vendors you would like us to feature, also let us know.
I love gift certificates because they are easy to deliver, claim, and use. Prizes will all be in DAZ gift certificates.
- 1st Place – $50 Daz3D Gift certificate.
- 2nd Place – $25 Daz3D Gift certificate.
- 3rd Place – $15 Daz3D Gift certificate.
- Honorable Mentions – $10 Daz3D Gift certificate.
Winners will be announced at around the 10th of the following month. Please remember to post a comment with your email in the monthly winners page to claim your GC.
- Anybody can enter except judges and organizers of the contest.
- Entries need to contain at least one item from any of the featured vendors. Each month will feature one or more vendors, but your entry only needs to contain one item from one of the featured vendors.
- Please include the qualifying item used in the description of your image. For example –
Qualifying items used –
FW Sebastian by Fred Winkler Art,
Paladin HD MMXV by Luthbel.
- Enter as many times as you like.
- Old and new images are welcome. Entries can be submitted to other contests.
- Postwork is allowed and any software may be used.
- By entering this contest, you give us permission to post your contest images on this site, for example in an article announcing the contest winners.
We want everyone to have fun, so there aren’t many rules or restrictions. The only real requirement is to include at least one item from one of the featured vendor stores. Links for the featured vendors and stores will be updated at the beginning of every month.
How to Submit Images
We will be using the Daz3D gallery for contest entries.
- To submit an entry, you will need to have an account at Daz3d.com. It is very simple to create, and takes very little time to make one.
- Then, click on your account icon to the top-right (step 1 in the image to the right), and go to MY GALLERY (step 2).
- Next, simply drop an image at the “drop image” icon, or click on it to load an image from your local directory.
- Hover your mouse over the image, and click on the Edit Image icon (circled in red to the right).
- In the description section of the image, enter in the qualifying items used for this contest. Qualifying images must contain at least one item from one of the current featured vendor stores.
- In the tag section of the image, enter the current contest tag. For example, shiba-6-15. Click on the plus [+] button to the right to add the tag.
- Save your image, and that is it!
Hope You Have Fun!
And thank you for participating! If you have any additional questions, suggestions, or comments, please post them below.