In this contest, I want to feature and thank the very talented people who create wonderful 3d-content for us ~ the 3d-art vendors. I have great respect and admiration for their talent, work ethic, and general awesomeness!
Featured Vendors for April 2020
For those interested, here are the past winners.
If you want announcements of site events and winners, follow us on Facebook.
Several people messaged me to ask for an extension to the March Madness contest. The MM sale is still ongoing, and there really hasn’t been enough time to use all our wonderful MM goodies. Therefore, I think that it is a superb idea to extend the MM contest for another month! We will have a set of winners for March and another set for April.
Here are some of my favorite MM items so far –
- Harpy for Genesis 8 Female – I have been wanting an updated harpy character for a long time now. So excited to see that it is finally here! Already working on a render with the harpy parts. 😀
- Turbulent Tail Hair for Genesis 3 and 8 Female(s) – Awesome very long hair by OOT, with a variety of movement and wind controls. An instant favorite!
- UltraScenery – Realistic Landscape System – The description and promos look amazing. Can’t wait to try it out. Hope my system can handle it properly.
- Temple Pool – Fabulous fantasy environment by Stonemason. Nuff said!
- Ogre Camp Bundle – The HD Ogre looks incredible. The usual high quality work of Josh Crockett. I also like the Berzerker Battle Outfit in the bundle. It looks extremely bad-ass.
- Felidae by AM – Smilodon Populator – This guy looks super fierce and cool. Will work well in many of my fantasy images.
- Iray Ghost Light Kit 3 – I love the effect of volumetric lights, so definitely want to try this out. The promos look outstanding.
There were also some amazing deals to be had by stacking coupon codes with MM discounts. This allowed me to pick up some cool items on my wishlist including –
- HDRi sets by Dimension Theory – I am always looking out for good HDRi sets, and DT has some fabulous ones that I use in almost all of my images. I am particularly excited to try this one out!
- Themed vehicle and environment bundles by Polish – Their props are marvelously sculpted, with great details and realistic textures. I already have some ideas for the Military Aircraft Bundle 2, and the Weekend Bundle will be useful for a variety of modern as well as pin-up renders.
- Cute themed outfits by Pretty3D – I picked up Misfortune Outfit (pirate themed) and dForce Charming Witch Outfit. Perfect for pin-ups and fantasy renders.
- CO Reine and CO Reine Hair – Absolutely love the back tattoos on this girl.
This March Madness Extended contest will include all items from the MM catalog as well as all newly released items in April. In particular, images this month must contain at least one NEW item from March or April. Free items will also qualify!
Sisi for Genesis 8 Female and anything released after that, in the list below, will work!
Images with the newly released Josephene 8, Jonathan 8, and the Mystique outfit will also qualify.
Please tag all your contest images with shiba-3-20. For the extended contest, we are adding to the March contest gallery.
**I put some example entries in the contest gallery. These examples show what to put in the description and tag fields of contest images. Of course, I can’t enter or win prizes in this contest. 😀
If you have ideas on how to improve the contest or other fun contests you would like to see, please let us know in the comments section below. If there are vendors you would like us to feature, also let us know.
I love gift certificates because they are easy to deliver, claim, and use. Prizes will all be in DAZ gift certificates.
- 1st Place – $50 Daz3D Gift certificate.
- 2nd Place – $25 Daz3D Gift certificate.
- 3rd Place – $15 Daz3D Gift certificate.
- Honorable Mentions – $10 Daz3D Gift certificate.
Winners will be announced at around the 10th of the following month. Please remember to post a comment with your email in the monthly winners page to claim your GC.
- Anybody can enter except judges and organizers of the contest.
- Entries need to contain at least one item from any of the featured vendors. Each month will feature one or more vendors, but your entry only needs to contain one item from one of the featured vendors.
- Please include the qualifying item used in the description of your image. For example –
Qualifying items used –
FW Sebastian by Fred Winkler Art,
Paladin HD MMXV by Luthbel.
- Enter as many times as you like.
- Old and new images are welcome. Entries can be submitted to other contests.
- Postwork is allowed and any software may be used.
- By entering this contest, you give us permission to post your contest images on this site, for example in an article announcing the contest winners.
We want everyone to have fun, so there aren’t many rules or restrictions. The only real requirement is to include at least one item from one of the featured vendor stores. Links for the featured vendors and stores will be updated at the beginning of every month.
How to Submit Images
We will be using the Daz3D gallery for contest entries.
- To submit an entry, you will need to have an account at Daz3d.com. It is very simple to create, and takes very little time to make one.
- Then, click on your account icon to the top-right (step 1 in the image to the right), and go to MY GALLERY (step 2).
- Next, simply drop an image at the “drop image” icon, or click on it to load an image from your local directory.
- Hover your mouse over the image, and click on the Edit Image icon (circled in red to the right).
- In the description section of the image, enter in the qualifying items used for this contest. Qualifying images must contain at least one item from one of the current featured vendor stores.
- In the tag section of the image, enter the current contest tag. For example, shiba-6-15. Click on the plus [+] button to the right to add the tag.
- Save your image, and that is it!
Hope You Have Fun!
And thank you for participating! If you have any additional questions, suggestions, or comments, please post them below.