In this contest, I want to feature and thank the very talented people who create wonderful 3d-content for us ~ the 3d-art vendors. I have great respect and admiration for their talent, work ethic, and general awesomeness!
Featured Vendors for July 2019
For those interested, here are the past winners.
If you want announcements of site events and winners, follow us on Facebook.
A new version of Daz Studio was released in June (4.11). The two key features in this release are the dForce Strand Based Hair system and the Iray denoiser. So far, I still like LAMH grooms better, but the new Gorilla release looks very good, showing the great potential of this hair. I am also having fun playing around with the denoiser, although to get detail, we still need to render for a large number of iterations.
As for new products, the item that most caught my eye in June is this awesome elf bundle by Linday and Mousso. Superb details on the outfit, great textures, cool looking hair, character, and everything else. Other interesting June new releases –
- Catgirl Megapack – Love the various tails as well as clawed hands and feet that come with this set.
- dForce Serpent Whisperer Outfit – I especially like the snake accessories, including the arm bands, shin bands, and the snake on her back.
- Adeline Hair and Circlets – Would look great on an elf character.
- Nicolette HD for Genesis 8 Female – Sexy elf girl with interesting face tattoos.
- iG Sweet Seduction Poses – Some great looking pin-up poses. Sweet Intentions Poses and Props also look very interesting.
Finally, the Temporarily PC+ Sale that started at the end of June and is extending into July is also excellent. Today I picked up the Platea Epic Bundle for $2.99! The items change every day so definitely worth a daily look.
Based on these wonderful new releases, we will be featuring the following Daz Published Artists in July –
Images with the newly released Elios 8, and Ellithia 8 will also qualify.
Please tag all your contest images with shiba-7-19.
**I put some example entries in the contest gallery. These examples show what to put in the description and tag fields of contest images. Of course, I can’t enter or win prizes in this contest. 😀
If you have ideas on how to improve the contest or other fun contests you would like to see, please let us know in the comments section below. If there are vendors you would like us to feature, also let us know.
I love gift certificates because they are easy to deliver, claim, and use. Prizes will all be in DAZ gift certificates.
- 1st Place – $50 Daz3D Gift certificate.
- 2nd Place – $25 Daz3D Gift certificate.
- 3rd Place – $15 Daz3D Gift certificate.
- Honorable Mentions – $10 Daz3D Gift certificate.
Winners will be announced at around the 10th of the following month. Please remember to post a comment with your email in the monthly winners page to claim your GC.
- Anybody can enter except judges and organizers of the contest.
- Entries need to contain at least one item from any of the featured vendors. Each month will feature one or more vendors, but your entry only needs to contain one item from one of the featured vendors.
- Please include the qualifying item used in the description of your image. For example –
Qualifying items used –
FW Sebastian by Fred Winkler Art,
Paladin HD MMXV by Luthbel.
- Enter as many times as you like.
- Old and new images are welcome. Entries can be submitted to other contests.
- Postwork is allowed and any software may be used.
- By entering this contest, you give us permission to post your contest images on this site, for example in an article announcing the contest winners.
We want everyone to have fun, so there aren’t many rules or restrictions. The only real requirement is to include at least one item from one of the featured vendor stores. Links for the featured vendors and stores will be updated at the beginning of every month.
How to Submit Images
We will be using the Daz3D gallery for contest entries.
- To submit an entry, you will need to have an account at Daz3d.com. It is very simple to create, and takes very little time to make one.
- Then, click on your account icon to the top-right (step 1 in the image to the right), and go to MY GALLERY (step 2).
- Next, simply drop an image at the “drop image” icon, or click on it to load an image from your local directory.
- Hover your mouse over the image, and click on the Edit Image icon (circled in red to the right).
- In the description section of the image, enter in the qualifying items used for this contest. Qualifying images must contain at least one item from one of the current featured vendor stores.
- In the tag section of the image, enter the current contest tag. For example, shiba-6-15. Click on the plus [+] button to the right to add the tag.
- Save your image, and that is it!
Hope You Have Fun!
And thank you for participating! If you have any additional questions, suggestions, or comments, please post them below.