Wow! How time flies. October is here and November 6th (election day) is just around the corner. I am registered and ready to vote.
In Daz-land, the Premier Artist Festival is awesome and still ongoing. Here is the long list of my top favorite items –
- Liquid Armor for Genesis 8 Female(s) – Sexy bad-ass outfit with glowing hands. Instant buy!
- Bastien Hair for Genesis 3 & 8 Male(s) – Sexy guy hair by AprilYSH. Her hair styles are always unique, cool, and renders well. I am a big fan of April and long male hair. I think it will look good with female characters as well.
- Alice Wet and Dry Hair for Genesis 3 and 8 Female(s) – Superb hair by OOT, who is another amazing hair vendor. This one reminds me of the previous Drop Wet Hair, which is one of my all time favorites.
- dForce Lilikh Outfit and Weapons for Genesis 8 Female(s) – As many of you know, I am a big fantasy fan and I love claws, so this outfit is right up my alley. It is also a Daz Original, so extra bonus discount!
- dForce Wet and Dry Dark Fantasy Outfit for Genesis 8 Female(s) – Linday’s outfits always have excellent details and are very realistic. I picked this one up during the special 55% discount on Still New Releases weekend.
- Toon Generations Mega-Bundle for Genesis 8 Male(s) and Female(s) – Fantastic toon bundle for genesis 8. 3DUniverse always has amazing looking toon characters and this bundle comes with a lot in it. I don’t usually do toon renders but the baby toons, especially, look so adorable that I could not resist.
- Plane Easy Atmospheres – The fog and smoke effects on this one looks wonderful! I haven’t tried it yet, but since it is a prop, it will presumably render much faster compared to volumetric rendering.
- Brown Bear by AM – So adorable and furry! Love this new bad boy from AM.
In addition to all these goodies, there were some terrific flash sales. I mostly picked up wishlist items from Stonemason.
October 2018 Contest Vendors
The middle of October is also when the Platinum Club Festival starts. In honor of this fabulous event, we will only feature one big vendor this month, Daz Originals! This includes all the Genesis figures, old M4, V4 figures, Daz freebie items, and much much more. There are currently 11880 listed Daz-O items, so shouldn’t be too difficult to find a qualifying item in this one! 😀
1st Place – The Long Awaited Return
Artist – Kibosh
A breath-taking image with a heart-warming story!
She is superbly charming in her Sensibility Outfit. I love how there is a slight wind, lifting her hair and ribbons, as she holds on to her hat.
The sunset and environment are terrific. Great job in creating depth with the distant Yvoire town and Licorne ship. Adding the little rowboat is brilliant. It makes the scene much more dramatic, signaling the imminent arrival of her loved one(s) after a long wait.
The judges had a very difficult time choosing between The Long Awaited Return and Looking For Answers, another incredible, delightful, and storied scene. Love your work!
2nd Place – So in Love
Artist – owakulukem
Magnificently expressive piece. Her expression is totally amazing!
She looks happy, peaceful, and so full of hope and anticipation. Fabulous work with the atmospheric light rays shining at her face, further enhancing the mood of the piece. The Window Seat is marvelously featured, showing how the window can be used to cast interesting patterns of light and shadow.
I also like her dress and how her full sleeves elegantly drape over the window seat. It adds a beautiful softness and flow to the image. Captivating and lovely.
Mirror, mirror is another fantastic picture, with an excellent concept. Such a clever use of the Ragnarok Mask. At first, I thought she was trying to smoke a cigarette, but then I realized she was trying to apply lipstick.
Sensational work! It was difficult for the judges to pick between the two.
3rd Place – Between Good & Evil
Artist – Quantic Dementia
Incredible composition and lighting.
Love the idea of an angel having a night-time meeting with a sea monster. Great work on the sea-monster materials, especially how his scales shimmer in the lamp-lights. He is also wonderfully posed, curving out from under the bridge.
I also like the misty night environment. It gives depth and a nice fade effect to the background, as well as imbues the piece with a sense of mystery and magic. Very well done!
3rd Place – Prussian Infiltrator
Artist – From the Ashes
Awesome lighting, environment, and atmosphere.
The glowing warm lights contrast beautifully with the blues of the night. Excellent work using AtmoCam for Iray to create the misty surroundings, which makes the ambiance more mysterious and sinister. The pose of the Prussian Infiltrator further contributes to the mood of the piece.
I also enjoyed Cipher Savant, another cool looking character from your Golem Wars game. The Shadow is another judge favorite, with a clever concept and illustrated style.
3rd Place – Aurelia’s Patio
Artist – Drakenborg
Superb feature of Gail for Genesis 8 Female.
Absolutely gorgeous piece with fabulous details, camera work, and elegance.
Marvelous action and camera work!
Love how dynamic everything is from the pose, to the effects, and everything else. Excellent work in seamlessly integrating the 3D-render with Ron’s Tornado brushes.
I also like the heavy skull chains he is wearing. Makes him look totally bad-ass.
Outstanding character design and concept!
Wonderful use of Liquid Armor for Genesis 8 Female(s) together with spider webs to give her a cocooned look.
Xenogirl HD for Zelara 8 further gives her that alien spidery look, and her expression is awesomely fierce. Very well done!
Terrific feature of the The Count Bundle.
This image definitely reminds me of several of the Dracula movies. Putting him on a ship adds a sense of anticipation and drama to the image. Our dark anti-hero is looking forward to his new destination, as he stares out into the night sea.
Where he is going to, nobody knows,
but all hope it is nowhere too close.
Congratulations to All Our October 2018 3D-Art Contest Winners!
As always, thank you all for visiting and sharing your amazing artwork! It is always difficult for the judges to pick winners, because there are so many superb entries.
To claim your Daz GC, please post a comment below with a valid e-mail in the comment e-mail box. I will use this to send you your gift card code. Please feel free to message me on Daz or Deviant Art if there are any issues.