The big April highlight for me has to be the April Showers Mega Flash Sale. There are some superb products in there by some of my favorite vendors including P3Design, Polish, Sickleyield, and Stonemason.
- P3Design has lots of beautiful character morphs that are on my wishlist, including P3D Riza, P3D Kim, and gorgeous P3D Tilly.
- Polish has detailed and realistic props, vehicles, and environments. Some of my favorites are KillZombie HuntingBows, Heavy Assault Mech Zeus-M1, Dark Tower, and Urban Art Studio.
- Sickleyield has some superb utilities, morphs, and props. My absolute favorites are the Tied-Up and Shackled series, and of course,
- Stonemason’s environments are some of the most used.
There were also some individual items that really caught my eye.
- MRL Gem Hair – Been wanting an updated hair like this for a while now. It really reminds me of Cressida’s hair in Hunger Games. Can’t wait to use it with Sangriart’s Margie character.
- Neko Hair – I think this got released at the end of the MM sale, which stretched to the beginning of April. OOT hairs always look wonderfully realistic when rendered, and love the style of this one.
- Nihi Sumba Cabana – A unique 3D-environment. Definitely a place I want to have my vacation.
- Sienna Bundle – Awesome character by addy combined with the stylish and realistic Sienna Vanity Room and accessories. A winning combination!
May 2018 Contest Vendors
Therefore this month of May, we picked these five great April vendors.
1st Place – Dance With Me
Artist – mugzie101
A wonderful, creative composition.
Excellent lighting here, with strong shadows and light that emphasize the graceful pose of the dancer. Love the dForce dress, its many folds, lace ruffles, and how it all drapes on her. I also like the hint of curtains in the background and general unsaturated colors of the piece. It makes the cute, red ladybug toy, really stand out.
The ballerina is exquisitely beautiful, and OOT’s Rasta Tails Hair is a perfect fit for her.
Superb mood of whimsy and nostalgia. A forgotten magical childhood moment, or perhaps a reminder to always keep the dream of magic alive.
2nd Place – Nature Calls
Artist – samiowells
Marvelously unique image that quickly grabs a viewer’s attention.
This is an awesome portrait of MRL Willow. I love how it combines the pale beauty of a static face, with the dynamic movements of flying birds. At the same time, the unsaturated, light colors, knit all the elements together. Fabulous integration of both 3D and 2D elements.
The poses of birds are outstanding and flow well around the face of the girl. Artistic and thought evoking.
3rd Place – Remembrance
Artist – Sasje
Such an emotionally powerful image.
The expression and pose are amazing, as is the rest of the composition. Fantastic feature of Edie 8 and the dForce Peasant Dress, which works superbly with the pose. The folds and drab colors add wonderful realism, and gives weight to the mood of the piece.
My favorite part is the cat. She softens the image and shows that even when we have lost much, there is still love, hope, and a next chapter. A beautiful and touching story.
3rd Place – Ballerina
Artist – Joffrey
This image looks like a photograph. The top and shorts from OOT’s Genesis 8 Female MEGA Wardrobe have authentic fabric folds and textures. Zola Hair not only looks real, but is also the perfect choice for a ballerina.
What initially caught my eye though, is the terrific pose – graceful, natural, and exquisite. The simpler gray scale color palette and scene lighting, further emphasize the form and musculature of the figure.
Awesome composition and camera angle!
The girl is adorable. Her bright colored shoes and outfit go very well with her sweet ride; which looks like a Volkswagen Beetle of the future. Cool feature of Polish’s MKS Tactical Sniper Rifle that is, of course, color coordinated with her ensemble.
From her pose, she is clearly waiting for the arrival of her friends. The sharp bottom-up camera angle shows everything off beautifully. Bravo!
Totally adorable and funny!
I also like the soft and pastel backdrop. The bright and fun fabrics light up the room, and give the scene an added sense of fun and playfulness. Four paws up!
It is difficult to capture tender emotions in 3d-art, yet it is achieved so well here.
You expressed the deep feelings between this charming pair in a realistic, natural, and powerful way. Even though interacting poses are often a challenge, they turned out amazing in this image. The environment, outfits, and OOT’s hair further add to the authenticity of the scene.
The exotic prince and princess, sharing a moment of tenderness, as promised.
An awesome concept!
I especially like how Death is in shadow. All you see is a little silhouette of his face and his hand clearly gesturing for her to come to him.
She is stunning in the black Corvidae Dress, which goes perfectly with the draped cloth from SY dForce Roman Clothing Pack. Her pale skin provides excellent contrast, and sets her apart from the rest of the image.
Congratulations May 2018 3D-Art Contest Winners!
Another totally spectacular month of entries. Thank you for joining us on this marvelous adventure!
To claim your Daz GC, please post a comment below with a valid e-mail in the comment e-mail box. I will use this to send you your gift card code. Please feel free to message me on Daz or Deviant Art if there are any issues.