March Madness has started at Daz and so far, it is A-W-E-S-O-M-E !!
My favorite MM item so far has got to be the RY Alison Bundle. Raiya’s new Alison character looks superb, and of course OOT hairs are always excellent. In addition, the bundle also qualifies as a key MM item, so this went straight into my cart.
What I love most about this MM season though, are the discount codes that stack with existing offers. This allowed me to get many items in Fast Grab, as well as the Related Mad and Mad Artist Stores, at anywhere from 70-80% plus discounts. Here are a few that I am most excited about –
- dForce Classic Fur Cape and Textures Bundle – The fur looks great in the promos and there are also many different options. Can’t wait to try it out on a Red Sonja render!
- Props & Poses Converter from Genesis 3 Female to Genesis 8 Female – Currently, I readjust g3f props manually when I need to use them for g8f, which makes me less likely to use them. This utility could change all that!
- XTransfer – Genesis 3 to Genesis 8 Converter – I have been using Redz’s method to manually transfer my favorite g3f morphs. Given the usual high quality of Zev products, I am very excited to try this one out. The promos are certainly very impressive.
- Mesh Grabber – Simple mesh editing from within Daz Studio. Very useful for those times where everything is perfect except for some small clothing, hair, or terrain collisions that are impossible to fix with the usual dials.
- Gayll Bundle for Genesis 8 Female(s) – I especially like the hair and leather jacket in this set. The character is also quite unique, so would be interesting to mix her with other morphs.
Before the start of March Madness though, there were also some great products worth mentioning. I particularly want to highlight Mystique by Herschel Hoffmeyer and Rarestone’s All Sweet Fashion Poses III. Mystique is a sexy bustier lingerie set with amazing details and realism. If you like doing pin-ups, definitely check it out. As for Rarestone, their stuff is always top notch. These set of poses look great! I also like that the different arm, hand, and leg poses are separated out, thus enabling easy combinations within the set and with other sets.
Finally, there was also a crazy good Daz Original sale in February. Picked up a bunch of great Mousso characters, as well as Miss-Quito for Genesis 8 Female(s) and some great outfits and accessories by chungdan.
March 2020 Contest Vendors
As with previous March Madness contests, there will not be any featured vendors this month. Instead, qualifying items will come from the entire MM catalog. In particular, images this month must contain at least one NEW item released during the Daz 2020 March Madness Sale. Free items will also qualify! 🙂
Sisi for Genesis 8 Female and anything released after that, in the list above, will work!
Images with the newly released Leroy 8, Nida 8, and the Mystique outfit will also qualify.
On a sad personal note, I just lost my best (furry) buddy a few days ago to cancer. My head and heart are with her, so there aren’t any winner descriptions this month, except for the one I already wrote out. There will, however, still be winners. We will also have another set of winners next month, but I will be taking a break from posting new contests for a while.
1st Place – My Prized Possessions
Artist – Stalest
Congratulations! An amazing set of images from you, so we will start with the judges’ favorite – My Prized Possessions.
I love the concept of this piece. She has her bad-ass weapons, including her large gun and sword, but she also shows her softer, younger, side with that cute, purple dragon, books, and little doll. Excellent feature of Creepy Old Attic. You show-off all the marvelous details and realism of this environment, and of course, Misha, the little purple plush toy.
The girl looks amazing. Love her pose, her tattoos, outfit, hair, everything! Linday’s Side Layered Messy Hair is especially brilliant, with how it drapes over her face, arm, and body, enhancing that already outstanding pose.
My personal favorite is The Mint Patch. It is no secret that I love animals, and AM’s Felidae looks amazing here surrounded by all that greenery. I like that he cares about personal hygiene and is having a mint snack. He must have a big date later on in the night. 😀
Bewitched is another fun one. Rita Hayworth said “Every man I knew went to bed with Gilda… and woke up with me.” I wonder what poor Elios will say?! Hopefully, the enchantment will stay intact, and he will never know.
Awesome job all around. Bravo!
2nd Place – Summers End
Artist – Secret77
3rd Place – Assassin Wars: Ambush
Artist – aograi
3rd Place – Penthouse Take Down
Artist – dtrscbrutal
Congratulations to Our March 2020 3D-Art Contest Winners!
Thank you for visiting and participating in our monthly contests.
To claim your Daz GC, please post a comment below with a valid e-mail in the comment e-mail box. I will use this to send you your gift card code. Please feel free to message me on Daz or Deviant Art if there are any issues.