Lots of great deals this November! First, there was the tail end of the Platinum Club Sale. I got a bunch more great $1.99/$2.99 items including –
- Steam Voyager – This steampunk airship by Td3d looks super cool. It has a ton of controls, some wonderful props, and poses. A real steal at this discounted price.
- SY Rigged Water Iray 4 – Got this as well as some of the other water prop packages by Sickleyield. Always useful to have, and best of all, can be used for a long long time down the road. Check out the fun water dragon image that I made with this below!
- HDRI Dawn Clean Skies – I am a big fan of simple HDRis with just sky or sky with a very basic ground. HDRis are useful and the good ones I reuse over and over, so I always pick them up when there are deals.
- P3D Melanie HD for Genesis 8 Female – She is a beauty who reminds me of Meghan Markle. At $2.99 it went straight into my cart. 🙂
- Lanny Hair – Hair is another category of items that I search for in sales. Even the older ones can look fabulous with Iray shaders and on G8F.
- The Old Shambles – Finally, environments are also perennial and useful. This one has some superb details and is super realistic!
I also want to highlight a couple of awesome November PC+ items and a freebie.
- Winter Dweller for Genesis 8 Male(s) – Most of the time I skip PC+ clothing items, but this one looks fantastic! The textures are excellent and I really like that long coat. Marvelously realistic and a definite PC+ winner.
- dForce DeNile for Genesis 8 Female(s) – Another outstanding outfit, especially for PC+. Different and exotic.
- Corridor Clutter – This is a Merlin Studios freebie. Always love their work and the incredible detail in their props. Great for adding richness and realism into any scene.
November also had some amazing coupons and discounts all throughout the month, and culminating in the Black Friday sale. I took this opportunity to get many of the items in my wish-list. Here are some highlights –
- Marion for Victoria 8 – I am a big fan of Marilyn Monroe, so this Marilyn look-a-like for G8F caught my eye right away. Plus it was going at a great discount for Black Friday, so very excited to try her out soon!
- Lancy Character with dForce Hair and Expressions for Genesis 8 Female – Incredibly adorable. This terrific package comes with the character, hair, and expressions. With the BF discount, it is an awesome deal! Talking about awesome deals, I also got Xolani for Monique 7, another adorable girl with some cool skin textures.
- Cyborg Motor Bike Bundle – This bike is totally bad-ass. Been wanting it for a while now, and got it as soon as there was a good deal. I was thinking of doing a Cloud Strife image of it together with Yuzuru, but I think Lara Croft would love it too! 😀
- Temple of Sand – Unique and modular environment that I can see using this in many scenes. Dystopian Desert Destruction Kit is another cool modular themed set from the same vendor. In fact, The AntFarm has some amazing stuff in their store, so definitely check them out.
- UltraTrees – Realistic Tree System – These trees look incredible. As with other items by HowieFarkes, it probably requires quite a lot of memory, but the results look amazing.
This November, I mostly got older wish-listed items. However, I did get some new stuff as well. One that really stands out for me is Ping the Ringtail based on the Plushies 2.0 figure. As I have said before, I am a sucker for cute furry animals. 😀
December 2019 Contest Vendors
Lots of awesome items here, so the vendors for December are –
1st Place – Your Money! No Good!
Artist – RLove
Love so many of your entries. The judges were split on which one they favored most, so I picked this one, because it is such a clever and creative composition.
You did a great job in capturing how scary and powerful the witch woman is. Fantastic job with her skin textures, and all the materials in the scene. The burning money is brilliant. It adds tension and dynamics to the picture, the fire effects are super cool, and it is a simple show of power. Nobody wants to cross this gal.
Excellent feature of Ancient Tomes by Merlin Studios. They are front and center, showing off the detail and realism of their props.
Amazing lighting as well, with a mix of warm colors in the foreground, and blues in the background. The heavy shadows cast by the candles also add to the ominous mood of the piece. Nice atmospheric lighting filtering in from some window up top.
Other entries picked by the judges –
- Easy! Easy! – Very realistic with superb rain effects, textures, and camera work. Wonderful feature of WW1 Trench, No Man’s Land as the backdrop.
- Pretty In Pink – She is stunning and I absolutely love the soft lighting here. Very different from the other images, and showing the powerful effects that different lighting can have on the mood of a composition.
- Toys In The Actic – Charming and whimsical, which is surprising given the Creepy Curios feature. Marvelous cat girl character, expression, lighting, and spell effects.
Absolute love how you show off different styles in your entries. At the same time, all are beautiful and creative, with incredible lighting, materials, and everything else.
2nd Place – Victorian Ex-Machina
Artist – Ninja Bunny
Outstanding concept! This image is definitely an attention grabber.
Love how you combined the sci-fi elements in such a seamless way with the Elizabethan elements. Her dress is ornate, beautifully detailed, and fits the era. She also has jewels to match her eyes and is holding a skull. All this is consistent with the period, however, the skull is robotic, her exposed eye looks cybernetic, and her sci-fi monocle has tubes running out of it.
You featured the selected vendors very well. Ravenhair’s dForce Renaissance Dress combines perfectly with the various collars, hair, and headdress. Fabulous choice of rich materials, suited for royalty.
The skull from Antfarm’s Reaper Bot is very fitting, especially the way you textured it to be half bone and half metallic. The glowing eyes are very arresting. Finally, you used the Flex Pipes masterfully, showing how well they can be connected to her back and eye-piece.
3rd Place – The Unusual Suspects (1/3)
Artist – Sisyphus1977
This is hilarious!
I love that there is a tiger in there, together with a cyborg, robot, and chimpanzee doing a facepalm. Apparently, he is the only one who thinks that the lineup is total bollocks. 😀
The demon, bad girl cuddling with the Ken-like guy, doing selfies, definitely made me laugh out loud. Wonderful attention to detail with her scrawling her call-me number onto her card. Also marvelous expression on the white angel girl. She seems to be quickly losing her patience.
Thank you for listing all the assets you used. I had a fun time matching up the hairs to the various characters. The angel with Olive Hair, bad girl with Long Hair, cyborg girl with MRL Gem Hair, and Ken with Classic Side Part Hair.
Such great characters and a brilliant composition!
3rd Place – Reel Troubles
Artist – atwen
Hahaha! Another funny image and a superb pin-up.
Fabulous expression on the girl, and an amazing pose, especially the chest squish. Love how you included all elements from Merlin Studios’ Reel to Reel, with the sound system dismantled on the ground, the girl holding a spool, and the yellow chair in the background.
A very clever idea that is incredibly executed.
Terrific mood piece.
Chill for Genesis 8 Female(s) is fantastically featured. It drapes beautifully on that pose, and you textured it very well to fit the darker, dystopian atmosphere of the piece.
This is further enhanced by the pouring rain as well as gloom of the night. Reminds me of Bladerunner.
Hahaha! This is awesome!
I love the expression and pose of Pounce the Puma. You definitely got the zombie, wide-eyed expression, as well as stiff movement, down pat here. Cool environment and lighting as well, especially the back-light casting long shadows on the ground. This gives the image a more sinister feeling.
Brilliant combination of funny, cute, and Gothic. I absolutely love it.
Super creepy scene!
You did an amazing job with the axe wielding crazy killer. The mask is a great touch, indicating his face is too hideous to show, and letting the viewer’s imagination take over. I also like the tattoos from CitizenX and his menacing pose. The bloody large axe completes this terrifying figure.
The kids hiding in the backroom add some real tension to the scene. This monster is hunting the young and innocent. Excellent use of Antfarm’s Shanty Town, which provides the perfect eerie backdrop. Finally, the dark lighting with strong highlights further increase the sense of dread in this scene.
Everything works wonderfully together to create just the right atmosphere.
Congratulations to Our December 2019 3D-Art Contest Winners!
What an incredible set of images to start 2020 with. Big hugs, love you all, and may this year bring peace and happiness.
To claim your Daz GC, please post a comment below with a valid e-mail in the comment e-mail box. I will use this to send you your gift card code. Please feel free to message me on Daz or Deviant Art if there are any issues.