Wow! A little bit of a surprise in Daz-land. I was expecting a new Genesis figure in the usual 2 year/July timeline but that did not happen, at least not yet. I really like the G8 figure though, so I am good either way. 🙂
My favorite new release pick for July has got to be the dForce Dark Guard HD Armor for Genesis 8 Male(s) by Luthbel. It is totally badass with all those skulls and reminds me of Arthas’ armor from Wow. Combine it with the Wind Warrior Outfit and we have some very interesting fan-art.
Other cool new releases –
- Eastern Sanctuary – Very exotic and love all the water. The striking architecture together with reflections on the water provides some great render possibilities.
- Hannah Ponytail Hair for Genesis 3 and 8 Female(s) – Another interesting hair by OOT. Always detailed, realistic, with interesting morphs.
For me though, July was really about getting older favorites and wishlist items. There were some amazing sales including the Temporarily PC+ Sale, various Flash sales, stacking sales, the great 20% cat discount, and more. Some great items I picked up –
- Mykonos – Another exotic water environment. I love those! And this one I got for $2.99! I was also super excited to get the Epic Platea Bundle for that same price.
- Mec4D Queen Of Hearts For Genesis 2 Female(s) – This gem was also in the $2.99 sale along with a bunch of other fantastic items by Mec4D. I definitely loaded up the truck here.
- Inked Vol.13: unLUCKY Tattoos for Genesis 8 Female(s) – I am a big fan of tattoos, and Shanas Soulmate has some amazing tats in their store. I always pick some off whenever there are flash sales. 🙂
- Zeddicuss Poses and Props – There were some great deals on Zeddicuss’ store, especially when combined with the 20% cat coupon. I picked up Z Fix It Tool Kit and Poses, Z Sweet Lollies Props and Poses, and many more.
- Grace Yong and Grace Yong Hair as well as Vivy Character and Hair Pack – Been wanting these two characters and hairs for a while now. I love the look of both characters, and the hairs are detailed and realistic. Very excited to try them out.
- Japanese Shinto Shrine – A large interesting environment with some amazing props.
Yeah, I have been very bad this July. 😀
August 2019 Contest Vendors
We have a long list of items above, so lots of great vendors to pick from for August!
Images with the newly released Teen Jane 8, and Kanade 8 will also qualify.
1st Place – The Master Of The Stones
Artist – Chanteur-de-Vent
Love this image! Looks like a professional book cover.
The girl looks especially amazing. Her hair, outfit, morph, pose, all work perfectly together. She is the very gifted student of magic, and behind her stands her mentor and teacher. She is young and still inexperienced, while he seems worldly and predatorial. A wonderful study in contrasts.
The dynamic backdrop is fantastic. Very clever use of the Wraithgate to represent the magical flying rocks, as well as a static gate for framing the image. The Venulcan Plains completes the scene with rocky stark mountains at the back.
Finally, the less saturated color palette works very well here, giving the composition an austere mood, matching the environment and characters. Brilliant storied composition.
2nd Place – Singing Alone, Dreaming of the Big Stage
Artist – owakulukem
Awesome use of light to create a powerful scene.
This is a superb feature of Render Studio 2.0 – Volumetric Plus. The volumetric light together with her striking pose, produces a very dramatic effect and tells a moving story. We can almost hear this very shy girl singing her heart out in Jack Tomalin’s Winterblack Gallery.
The judges also loved Perhaps, Just a Trim? Both images make a big impression but are very different in both tone and style. Big kudos for showing such versatility and creativity.
3rd Place – Evening Walk
Artist – Faeofthe3rdDimension
What a great idea!
Love the combination of a Victorian lady with an alien baby. She certainly looks very happy on her stroll with her unusual companion. Perhaps her mind has been tampered with and she sees something totally different. Or perhaps she just has unusual tastes.
Fabulous use of outfit and hair to capture the elegance of that era, which stands in stark contrast with the tentacles emanating from the pram. Jack Tomalin’s Tertius provides the perfect backdrop. It fits the era, but also has an ominous mood to it, especially with the mist.
Terrific Gothic fantasy art.
3rd Place – The Folly of King Midas
Artist – Kibosh
I love your artwork! This is another amazing render, with lovely materials, details, and story telling.
King Midas looks superb. His skin material, expression, pose, and hair are perfect, as is his outfit; in deep royal purple with fur trim. Kudos on how you show the girl in the process of turning into gold, with only the upper parts converted. The shock on her face is also a wonderful touch.
I especially love all the little details. The dog hiding in the corner, resting his head on the plant pot, another under the table, the scared maid dropping her tray of food, the horrified courtiers, the distraught father, and the stoic guard still standing in attention, watching the scene unfold.
Very cool effect how her dress melds into the background, while her head, arms and torso are clearly distinct and in front of the colorful backdrop. Brilliant idea and execution.
Love her pose especially with that big hat and big curly hair. Her shy expression is also perfect. The less saturated color palette suits the composition very well, giving the image an elegant, dated look, which fits wonderfully with her outfit.
What a beautiful character.
Love her golden hair, face, and flowing dress. Great job with her pose, which allows for her dress to marvelously drape and fold around her body.
I also love the colors you used. Her light-blue dress with gold trim goes well with her hair and stands out against the more saturated colors of the backdrop. Fantastic lighting, with the fireflies and yellow lights.
Finally the pillars from Danaides perfectly frames this lovely girl. Outstanding work!
Congratulations to Our August 2019 3D-Art Contest Winners!
Thank you all for making this into another wonderful month of fun and beauty.
To claim your Daz GC, please post a comment below with a valid e-mail in the comment e-mail box. I will use this to send you your gift card code. Please feel free to message me on Daz or Deviant Art if there are any issues.