In this contest, I want to feature and thank the very talented people who create wonderful 3d-content for us ~ the 3d-art vendors. I have great respect and admiration for their talent, work ethic, and general awesomeness!
Featured Vendors for January 2019
For those interested, here are the past winners.
If you want announcements of site events and winners, follow us on Facebook.
Happy New Year to you all!
Wow! The Holiday Sale at Daz was crazy good. December is usually one of the worst months for my Daz wallet, but this time was especially brutal. The thing that really got me was the temporary PC+ 1.99 items. In particular, there were many older ironman13 and goldtassel items, all of which were irresistible at such a low price.
There were also some great new releases, which together with the loyalty discount made them extremely tempting. Some of my favorite Holiday Sale products –
Mousso released some superb new girls including an elf girl, a vampire girl, and sexy Macarena. I am super into fantasy and vampires, so all three went into my cart. I also took the opportunity to grab Corin HD from my wishlist. Very excited to try out all these new morphs!
Next, The Pirate Cabin by Ansiko caught my eye right away. There are so many detailed and awesome looking props in this set, making it an instant buy. I can render the environment as is, or combine the props with other scenes. Will be wicked fun using them to create a variety of pirate or medieval images.
And while we are on the subject of amazing environments, there is ThePhilosopher’s Infinite Sands – Desert Environment. I already have his ULTIMATE Grass & Meadow Worldbuilder, which works wonders for large outdoor settings. Therefore, I quickly snatched the new desert landscape as well as Ancient Mystical Forest. Another large environment item that looks incredibly useful is DA Big Ocean. The water looks marvelous and there are many cool options, so it should be very versatile. So many new environments, so little time. 😀
Last but not least, there was a fantastic new Orestes sky-dome – Angry Heavens. At this point I was running low on funds, so I had to decide between Angry Heavens and Fantasy Moon. I finally decided on the latter since it has been on my most wanted list for a while now. I do a lot of fantasy scenes, so having a set of moon-based HDRis would be useful indeed. Update – Just tried it out yesterday and like the results very much!
This January, we will honor some of these most fabulous Holiday Sale vendors.
Please tag all your contest images with shiba-1-19.
**I put some example entries in the contest gallery. These examples show what to put in the description and tag fields of contest images. Of course, I can’t enter or win prizes in this contest. 😀
If you have ideas on how to improve the contest or other fun contests you would like to see, please let us know in the comments section below. If there are vendors you would like us to feature, also let us know.
I love gift certificates because they are easy to deliver, claim, and use. Prizes will all be in DAZ gift certificates.
- 1st Place – $50 Daz3D Gift certificate.
- 2nd Place – $25 Daz3D Gift certificate.
- 3rd Place – $15 Daz3D Gift certificate.
- Honorable Mentions – $10 Daz3D Gift certificate.
Winners will be announced at around the 10th of the following month. Please remember to post a comment with your email in the monthly winners page to claim your GC.
- Anybody can enter except judges and organizers of the contest.
- Entries need to contain at least one item from any of the featured vendors. Each month will feature one or more vendors, but your entry only needs to contain one item from one of the featured vendors.
- Please include the qualifying item used in the description of your image. For example –
Qualifying items used –
FW Sebastian by Fred Winkler Art,
Paladin HD MMXV by Luthbel.
- Enter as many times as you like.
- Old and new images are welcome. Entries can be submitted to other contests.
- Postwork is allowed and any software may be used.
- By entering this contest, you give us permission to post your contest images on this site, for example in an article announcing the contest winners.
We want everyone to have fun, so there aren’t many rules or restrictions. The only real requirement is to include at least one item from one of the featured vendor stores. Links for the featured vendors and stores will be updated at the beginning of every month.
How to Submit Images
We will be using the Daz3D gallery for contest entries.
- To submit an entry, you will need to have an account at Daz3d.com. It is very simple to create, and takes very little time to make one.
- Then, click on your account icon to the top-right (step 1 in the image to the right), and go to MY GALLERY (step 2).
- Next, simply drop an image at the “drop image” icon, or click on it to load an image from your local directory.
- Hover your mouse over the image, and click on the Edit Image icon (circled in red to the right).
- In the description section of the image, enter in the qualifying items used for this contest. Qualifying images must contain at least one item from one of the current featured vendor stores.
- In the tag section of the image, enter the current contest tag. For example, shiba-6-15. Click on the plus [+] button to the right to add the tag.
- Save your image, and that is it!
Hope You Have Fun!
And thank you for participating! If you have any additional questions, suggestions, or comments, please post them below.