In this contest, I want to feature and thank the very talented people who create wonderful 3d-content for us ~ the 3d-art vendors. I have great respect and admiration for their talent, work ethic, and general awesomeness!
Featured Vendors for October 2019
For those interested, here are the past winners.
If you want announcements of site events and winners, follow us on Facebook.
There is a new version of Daz Studio! The main feature for me in DS 4.12 is the OptiX acceleration. I just got a new RTX nVidia card, and renders are now a whole lot faster.
In addition, there is also the Face Transfer plugin. I have been playing with this the last few days and it has been fun. Not surprisingly though, it is extremely difficult to get to even a somewhat recognizable person. I played around with the textures as well as dialed in various morphs, but the end result was, at best, at the mild resemblance stage. There are still a few things I want to try out, which I will report on if they pan out.
September is all about the Premier Artist Festival at Daz-land. There were some superb discounts this year. One big one was the Stonemason store sale, with many items going for 70%, plus added discounts. Urban Future 7 was also released, and it looks amazing.
Another big Festival favorite of mine is Mountain Lakes and Forests by Andrey Pestryakov. In fact, I was just trying it out today and am very happy with the results. It makes for a very beautiful, customizable backdrop, especially when combined with an interesting HDRi sky.
Other highlights for me –
- Fawne Bundle for Genesis 8 Female(s) – She is super cute, and that smile is too adorable. The outfit and hair also look great. Definitely want to try her out soon, as well as combine her with other morphs. Should be fun! 😀
- Ensary poses – I also picked up several Ensary poses, including Bamboo Master Poses, Dark Archer Poses, White King Poses, and Greco Roman Poses. They each have something special that appeals to me. Can’t wait to try them out!
- Riviera Hair for Genesis 3 and 8 – Very unique looking with the usual OOT realism and quality. Also looks anime-ish to me, which is a big plus.
I also want to give a shout-out to SloshWerks for helping me out with transferring G8M textures to G8F. Very happily, their awesome UV Swap product works in the Map Transfer tool in Daz Studio. By using both, I am able to convert the actual textures from male to female (and vice versa).
With so many fantastic products released during the PA sale, we will feature 6 vendors this month.
Please tag all your contest images with shiba-10-19.
**I put some example entries in the contest gallery. These examples show what to put in the description and tag fields of contest images. Of course, I can’t enter or win prizes in this contest. 😀
If you have ideas on how to improve the contest or other fun contests you would like to see, please let us know in the comments section below. If there are vendors you would like us to feature, also let us know.
I love gift certificates because they are easy to deliver, claim, and use. Prizes will all be in DAZ gift certificates.
- 1st Place – $50 Daz3D Gift certificate.
- 2nd Place – $25 Daz3D Gift certificate.
- 3rd Place – $15 Daz3D Gift certificate.
- Honorable Mentions – $10 Daz3D Gift certificate.
Winners will be announced at around the 10th of the following month. Please remember to post a comment with your email in the monthly winners page to claim your GC.
- Anybody can enter except judges and organizers of the contest.
- Entries need to contain at least one item from any of the featured vendors. Each month will feature one or more vendors, but your entry only needs to contain one item from one of the featured vendors.
- Please include the qualifying item used in the description of your image. For example –
Qualifying items used –
FW Sebastian by Fred Winkler Art,
Paladin HD MMXV by Luthbel.
- Enter as many times as you like.
- Old and new images are welcome. Entries can be submitted to other contests.
- Postwork is allowed and any software may be used.
- By entering this contest, you give us permission to post your contest images on this site, for example in an article announcing the contest winners.
We want everyone to have fun, so there aren’t many rules or restrictions. The only real requirement is to include at least one item from one of the featured vendor stores. Links for the featured vendors and stores will be updated at the beginning of every month.
How to Submit Images
We will be using the Daz3D gallery for contest entries.
- To submit an entry, you will need to have an account at Daz3d.com. It is very simple to create, and takes very little time to make one.
- Then, click on your account icon to the top-right (step 1 in the image to the right), and go to MY GALLERY (step 2).
- Next, simply drop an image at the “drop image” icon, or click on it to load an image from your local directory.
- Hover your mouse over the image, and click on the Edit Image icon (circled in red to the right).
- In the description section of the image, enter in the qualifying items used for this contest. Qualifying images must contain at least one item from one of the current featured vendor stores.
- In the tag section of the image, enter the current contest tag. For example, shiba-6-15. Click on the plus [+] button to the right to add the tag.
- Save your image, and that is it!
Hope You Have Fun!
And thank you for participating! If you have any additional questions, suggestions, or comments, please post them below.