In this contest, I want to feature and thank the very talented people who create wonderful 3d-content for us ~ the 3d-art vendors. I have great respect and admiration for their talent, work ethic, and general awesomeness!
Featured Vendors for December 2019
For those interested, here are the past winners.
If you want announcements of site events and winners, follow us on Facebook.
Lots of great deals this November! First, there was the tail end of the Platinum Club Sale. I got a bunch more great $1.99/$2.99 items including –
- Steam Voyager – This steampunk airship by Td3d looks super cool. It has a ton of controls, some wonderful props, and poses. A real steal at this discounted price.
- SY Rigged Water Iray 4 – Got this as well as some of the other water prop packages by Sickleyield. Always useful to have, and best of all, can be used for a long long time down the road. Check out the fun water dragon image that I made with this below!
- HDRI Dawn Clean Skies – I am a big fan of simple HDRis with just sky or sky with a very basic ground. HDRis are useful and the good ones I reuse over and over, so I always pick them up when there are deals.
- P3D Melanie HD for Genesis 8 Female – She is a beauty who reminds me of Meghan Markle. At $2.99 it went straight into my cart. 🙂
- Lanny Hair – Hair is another category of items that I search for in sales. Even the older ones can look fabulous with Iray shaders and on G8F.
- The Old Shambles – Finally, environments are also perennial and useful. This one has some superb details and is super realistic!
I also want to highlight a couple of awesome November PC+ items and a freebie.
- Winter Dweller for Genesis 8 Male(s) – Most of the time I skip PC+ clothing items, but this one looks fantastic! The textures are excellent and I really like that long coat. Marvelously realistic and a definite PC+ winner.
- dForce DeNile for Genesis 8 Female(s) – Another outstanding outfit, especially for PC+. Different and exotic.
- Corridor Clutter – This is a Merlin Studios freebie. Always love their work and the incredible detail in their props. Great for adding richness and realism into any scene.
November also had some amazing coupons and discounts all throughout the month, and culminating in the Black Friday sale. I took this opportunity to get many of the items in my wish-list. Here are some highlights –
- Marion for Victoria 8 – I am a big fan of Marilyn Monroe, so this Marilyn look-a-like for G8F caught my eye right away. Plus it was going at a great discount for Black Friday, so very excited to try her out soon!
- Lancy Character with dForce Hair and Expressions for Genesis 8 Female – Incredibly adorable. This terrific package comes with the character, hair, and expressions. With the BF discount, it is an awesome deal! Talking about awesome deals, I also got Xolani for Monique 7, another adorable girl with some cool skin textures.
- Cyborg Motor Bike Bundle – This bike is totally bad-ass. Been wanting it for a while now, and got it as soon as there was a good deal. I was thinking of doing a Cloud Strife image of it together with Yuzuru, but I think Lara Croft would love it too! 😀
- Temple of Sand – Unique and modular environment that I can see using this in many scenes. Dystopian Desert Destruction Kit is another cool modular themed set from the same vendor. In fact, The AntFarm has some amazing stuff in their store, so definitely check them out.
- UltraTrees – Realistic Tree System – These trees look incredible. As with other items by HowieFarkes, it probably requires quite a lot of memory, but the results look amazing.
This November, I mostly got older wish-listed items. However, I did get some new stuff as well. One that really stands out for me is Ping the Ringtail based on the Plushies 2.0 figure. As I have said before, I am a sucker for cute furry animals. 😀
Lots of awesome items here, so the vendors for December are –
Please tag all your contest images with shiba-12-19.
**I put some example entries in the contest gallery. These examples show what to put in the description and tag fields of contest images. Of course, I can’t enter or win prizes in this contest. 😀
If you have ideas on how to improve the contest or other fun contests you would like to see, please let us know in the comments section below. If there are vendors you would like us to feature, also let us know.
I love gift certificates because they are easy to deliver, claim, and use. Prizes will all be in DAZ gift certificates.
- 1st Place – $50 Daz3D Gift certificate.
- 2nd Place – $25 Daz3D Gift certificate.
- 3rd Place – $15 Daz3D Gift certificate.
- Honorable Mentions – $10 Daz3D Gift certificate.
Winners will be announced at around the 10th of the following month. Please remember to post a comment with your email in the monthly winners page to claim your GC.
- Anybody can enter except judges and organizers of the contest.
- Entries need to contain at least one item from any of the featured vendors. Each month will feature one or more vendors, but your entry only needs to contain one item from one of the featured vendors.
- Please include the qualifying item used in the description of your image. For example –
Qualifying items used –
FW Sebastian by Fred Winkler Art,
Paladin HD MMXV by Luthbel.
- Enter as many times as you like.
- Old and new images are welcome. Entries can be submitted to other contests.
- Postwork is allowed and any software may be used.
- By entering this contest, you give us permission to post your contest images on this site, for example in an article announcing the contest winners.
We want everyone to have fun, so there aren’t many rules or restrictions. The only real requirement is to include at least one item from one of the featured vendor stores. Links for the featured vendors and stores will be updated at the beginning of every month.
How to Submit Images
We will be using the Daz3D gallery for contest entries.
- To submit an entry, you will need to have an account at Daz3d.com. It is very simple to create, and takes very little time to make one.
- Then, click on your account icon to the top-right (step 1 in the image to the right), and go to MY GALLERY (step 2).
- Next, simply drop an image at the “drop image” icon, or click on it to load an image from your local directory.
- Hover your mouse over the image, and click on the Edit Image icon (circled in red to the right).
- In the description section of the image, enter in the qualifying items used for this contest. Qualifying images must contain at least one item from one of the current featured vendor stores.
- In the tag section of the image, enter the current contest tag. For example, shiba-6-15. Click on the plus [+] button to the right to add the tag.
- Save your image, and that is it!
Hope You Have Fun!
And thank you for participating! If you have any additional questions, suggestions, or comments, please post them below.