In this contest, I want to feature and thank the very talented people who create wonderful 3d-content for us ~ the 3d-art vendors. I have great respect and admiration for their talent, work ethic, and general awesomeness!
Featured Vendors for November 2019
For those interested, here are the past winners.
If you want announcements of site events and winners, follow us on Facebook.
October was all about the Platinum Club Sale! This year’s sale has been especially brutal to my very sad wallet. The main culprit is the $1.99 for the day items. There are some amazing finds in there, including some new releases and some things on my wishlist. I was super suprised to see Hog and Barrel Pub Interior as well as Hog and Barrel Pub Exterior in there, and picked them up right away. Other cool offerings include –
- Creeping Death – A $1.99 IgnisSerpentus item is an instant buy!
- Creepy Old Attic – Had this in my wishlist for a while now. It has so many cool looking props, which makes it a real steal at 1.99
- Kyra Fantasy Outfit – A sexyful fantasy outfit. Nuff said.
- Rihatsuten 1954 – Another super prop rich environment. 1.99 Sugatek items are another instant buy for me.
- Woodman House: The Bedroom – Realistic modern bedroom with adjoining walk-in closet and bathroom.
- The Nutcracker – Just in time for Christmas scenes.
In addition to all the awesome 1.99 items, there are also the two PC+ items offered every day. I got all the Jack Tomalin Iray upgrades including Hallowed Eve Revived, Atrophy Iray Addon, and Degeneration Iray Addon. Some of my other PC+ item favorites:
- Desert Depression – Wonderful desert environment with trees, bushes, rocks, and nice ground detail.
- Path to Greywood – Another superb backdrop by Predatron. Filled with fantastic looking vegetation and rich organic textures.
- Creepy Curios – Some great macabre props to enrich any fantasy Gothic scene.
- SRB 800: Honor – I absolutely love these grunge set of textures. They add fantastic realism to the SRB 800 robot, really makes him sing.
- The Forgotten Courtyard – Another incredible material set, aging the Al Sharqia Courtyard, adding richness and character.
- Trearchi Folly – Yet another winner by Predatron. My favorite are the smiling demon faces on the upper walls as well as the climbing, flowering, vines.
Other than the 1.99 and PC+ items, there were also some terrific new vendor releases. My favorite so far has got to be Scamp The Fox – Plushies 2.0 by Lady Littlefox. These little guys are totally adorable, especially with the new Daz fur. I am working on some fun renders with them, coming soon!
Last but not least, I also got some older vendor items. One that I am truly enjoying is Acicia Bundle for Genesis 8 Female(s) by Crocodile Liu. This character morph is superb, and looks great when dialed in fully or combined with other morphs. Below is my first pin-up render with her.
As with previous years, we will honor the Platinum Club Sale with a single, very special, vendor – Daz Originals!
Images with the newly released Teen Raven 8, Yuzuru 8, and the Acicia Bundle will also qualify.
Please tag all your contest images with shiba-11-19.
**I put some example entries in the contest gallery. These examples show what to put in the description and tag fields of contest images. Of course, I can’t enter or win prizes in this contest. 😀
If you have ideas on how to improve the contest or other fun contests you would like to see, please let us know in the comments section below. If there are vendors you would like us to feature, also let us know.
I love gift certificates because they are easy to deliver, claim, and use. Prizes will all be in DAZ gift certificates.
- 1st Place – $50 Daz3D Gift certificate.
- 2nd Place – $25 Daz3D Gift certificate.
- 3rd Place – $15 Daz3D Gift certificate.
- Honorable Mentions – $10 Daz3D Gift certificate.
Winners will be announced at around the 10th of the following month. Please remember to post a comment with your email in the monthly winners page to claim your GC.
- Anybody can enter except judges and organizers of the contest.
- Entries need to contain at least one item from any of the featured vendors. Each month will feature one or more vendors, but your entry only needs to contain one item from one of the featured vendors.
- Please include the qualifying item used in the description of your image. For example –
Qualifying items used –
FW Sebastian by Fred Winkler Art,
Paladin HD MMXV by Luthbel.
- Enter as many times as you like.
- Old and new images are welcome. Entries can be submitted to other contests.
- Postwork is allowed and any software may be used.
- By entering this contest, you give us permission to post your contest images on this site, for example in an article announcing the contest winners.
We want everyone to have fun, so there aren’t many rules or restrictions. The only real requirement is to include at least one item from one of the featured vendor stores. Links for the featured vendors and stores will be updated at the beginning of every month.
How to Submit Images
We will be using the Daz3D gallery for contest entries.
- To submit an entry, you will need to have an account at Daz3d.com. It is very simple to create, and takes very little time to make one.
- Then, click on your account icon to the top-right (step 1 in the image to the right), and go to MY GALLERY (step 2).
- Next, simply drop an image at the “drop image” icon, or click on it to load an image from your local directory.
- Hover your mouse over the image, and click on the Edit Image icon (circled in red to the right).
- In the description section of the image, enter in the qualifying items used for this contest. Qualifying images must contain at least one item from one of the current featured vendor stores.
- In the tag section of the image, enter the current contest tag. For example, shiba-6-15. Click on the plus [+] button to the right to add the tag.
- Save your image, and that is it!
Hope You Have Fun!
And thank you for participating! If you have any additional questions, suggestions, or comments, please post them below.