In this contest, I want to feature and thank the very talented people who create wonderful 3d-content for us ~ the 3d-art vendors. I have great respect and admiration for their talent, work ethic, and general awesomeness!
Featured Vendors for November 2017
For those interested, here are the past winners.
If you want announcements of site events and winners, follow us on Facebook.
The biggest Daz news for October is the release of Daz Studio 4.10 and the dForce dynamic cloth system. What I like most about dForce is its ease of use, and relative speed compared to other simulated cloth systems I have tried. However, because of the more simple fitted-clothing interface, the results are spotty for more complex clothing that were not created with dForce in mind (in my experience). I have not had much time to experiment with it though, so I will definitely need to explore more of the options and try out a range of past and present clothing items.
Before dForce, I have been using VWD Cloth And Hair. To be sure, there are certainly problems with VWD, the most vexing of which is its high crash frequency. However, there are also some great features such as its dynamic positioning capabilities, advanced force controls, as well as flexibility over a large range of clothing and hair items. The result is that it is harder to use, as is stated in the product page, but also a lot more powerful. I hope dForce will integrate some of these features into its future upgrades.
In addition to dForce, the Platinum Club Anniversary Sale is still ongoing, with some great deals and products. Jack Tomalin is a big favorite of mine, and the newly released Winterblack Tower and Purgation both look super awesome!
Another wonderful PC+ vendor is JGreenlees. I have pretty much all of their Iray shader sets, and love the results that I get. Their store also includes some iconic PC+ clothing items including the Morphing Fantasy Dress (MFD) bundles and the recently released Sighni Outfit now for G8F.
A few other favorite items of mine in the PC+ sale so far –
- Infernal Succubus Outfit and Add-Ons for Genesis 8 Female by Herschel Hoffmeyer.
- Night Claws for Genesis 3 and 8 Female by Prae.
- Goblar by Sixus1 Media.
Therefore, this November we will feature the following artists –
The newly released Stephanie 8 and Lucas 8 will also qualify.
Please tag all your contest images with shiba-11-17.
**I put some example entries in the contest gallery. These examples show what to put in the description and tag fields of contest images. Of course, I can’t enter or win prizes in this contest. 😀
If you have ideas on how to improve the contest or other fun contests you would like to see, please let us know in the comments section below. If there are vendors you would like us to feature, also let us know.
I love gift certificates because they are easy to deliver, claim, and use. Prizes will all be in DAZ gift certificates.
- 1st Place – $50 Daz3D Gift certificate.
- 2nd Place – $25 Daz3D Gift certificate.
- 3rd Place – $15 Daz3D Gift certificate.
- Honorable Mentions – $10 Daz3D Gift certificate.
Winners will be announced at around the 10th of the following month. Please remember to post a comment with your email in the monthly winners page to claim your GC.
- Anybody can enter except judges and organizers of the contest.
- Entries need to contain at least one item from any of the featured vendors. Each month will feature one or more vendors, but your entry only needs to contain one item from one of the featured vendors.
- Please include the qualifying item used in the description of your image. For example –
Qualifying items used –
FW Sebastian by Fred Winkler Art,
Paladin HD MMXV by Luthbel.
- Enter as many times as you like.
- Old and new images are welcome. Entries can be submitted to other contests.
- Postwork is allowed and any software may be used.
- By entering this contest, you give us permission to post your contest images on this site, for example in an article announcing the contest winners.
We want everyone to have fun, so there aren’t many rules or restrictions. The only real requirement is to include at least one item from one of the featured vendor stores. Links for the featured vendors and stores will be updated at the beginning of every month.
How to Submit Images
We will be using the Daz3D gallery for contest entries.
- To submit an entry, you will need to have an account at Daz3d.com. It is very simple to create, and takes very little time to make one.
- Then, click on your account icon to the top-right (step 1 in the image to the right), and go to MY GALLERY (step 2).
- Next, simply drop an image at the “drop image” icon, or click on it to load an image from your local directory.
- Hover your mouse over the image, and click on the Edit Image icon (circled in red to the right).
- In the description section of the image, enter in the qualifying items used for this contest. Qualifying images must contain at least one item from one of the current featured vendor stores.
- In the tag section of the image, enter the current contest tag. For example, shiba-6-15. Click on the plus [+] button to the right to add the tag.
- Save your image, and that is it!
Hope You Have Fun!
And thank you for participating! If you have any additional questions, suggestions, or comments, please post them below.