In this contest, I want to feature and thank the very talented people who create wonderful 3d-content for us ~ the 3d-art vendors. I have great respect and admiration for their talent, work ethic, and general awesomeness!
Featured Vendors for April 2017
For those interested, here are the past winners.
If you want announcements of site events and winners, follow us on Facebook.
Another awesome March Madness Sale at Daz with lots of cool new releases from vendors. What are your personal favorites? Feel free to tell us in the comments section below.
My super favorite March Madness item has got to be Feathered Wings for All by 3D Universe. Many of my images are in the fantasy genre, so I am always on the lookout for wings of all kinds. In particular, I am interested in high-detail wings that have good pose controls. Feathered Wings for All fulfill both of these criteria with flying colors. I just can’t stop using them! I have also tried other shaders on it, including icy wings, and it works great!
March Madness also saw the release of some great characters by Fred and Sabby. As an added bonus, most of these characters are Daz Originals, so there were some great discounts! My top pick is FWSA Chastity, because I love that pale Goth look. FW Brianna also looks wonderful! Definitely used up my PC+ coupons super quick last month. 😀
Another cool highlight during the MM sale, were the fast grab items. If you buy any MM item and gain Bonus Buyer status, you get an additional 10% discount on *all items*. This includes fast grab items, which pushes the discount up to over 70%. I picked up a lot of fast grab items, including The NightQueen Wardrobe Collection by Arki, which I have been wanting for a long while now. One of the things that I love most about her outfit sets, is that they can be easily mixed and matched with each other and with other outfits. I also use the NightQueen Hair very frequently in my renders.
In honor of these wonderful items, our featured vendors for April are –
Images with the newly released Mika 7 will also qualify.
Please tag all your contest images with shiba-4-17.
**I put some example entries in the contest gallery. These examples show what to put in the description and tag fields of contest images. Of course, I can’t enter or win prizes in this contest. 😀
If you have ideas on how to improve the contest or other fun contests you would like to see, please let us know in the comments section below. If there are vendors you would like us to feature, also let us know.
I love gift certificates because they are easy to deliver, claim, and use. Prizes will all be in DAZ gift certificates.
- 1st Place – $50 Daz3D Gift certificate.
- 2nd Place – $25 Daz3D Gift certificate.
- 3rd Place – $15 Daz3D Gift certificate.
- Honorable Mentions – $10 Daz3D Gift certificate.
Winners will be announced at around the 10th of the month.
- Anybody can enter except judges and organizers of the contest.
- Entries need to contain at least one item from any of the featured vendors. Each month will feature one or more vendors, but your entry only needs to contain one item from one of the featured vendors.
- Please include the qualifying item used in the description of your image. For example –
Qualifying items used –
FW Sebastian by Fred Winkler Art,
Paladin HD MMXV by Luthbel.
- Enter as many times as you like.
- Old and new images are welcome. Entries can be submitted to other contests.
- Postwork is allowed and any software may be used.
- By entering this contest, you give us permission to post your contest images on this site, for example in an article announcing the contest winners.
We want everyone to have fun, so there aren’t many rules or restrictions. The only real requirement is to include at least one item from one of the featured vendor stores. Links for the featured vendors and stores will be updated at the beginning of every month.
How to Submit Images
We will be using the Daz3D gallery for contest entries.
- To submit an entry, you will need to have an account at Daz3d.com. It is very simple to create, and takes very little time to make one.
- Then, click on your account icon to the top-right (step 1 in the image to the right), and go to MY GALLERY (step 2).
- Next, simply drop an image at the “drop image” icon, or click on it to load an image from your local directory.
- Hover your mouse over the image, and click on the Edit Image icon (circled in red to the right).
- In the description section of the image, enter in the qualifying items used for this contest. Qualifying images must contain at least one item from one of the current featured vendor stores.
- In the tag section of the image, enter the current contest tag. For example, shiba-6-15. Click on the plus [+] button to the right to add the tag.
- Save your image, and that is it!
Hope You Have Fun!
And thank you for participating! If you have any additional questions, suggestions, or comments, please post them below.